Contract packaging, which is also known as co-packaging, is the process where a product is assembled and made ready for delivery. Contract packaging or co-packaging companies offer their packaging services to manufacturers, where they complete the task for them depending on the client’s specifications and requirements. This can either be a simple packaging service like print and graphic services, or complex services like shrink wrapping and bottling services. There are custom food packaging services also that are specialized in industry-specific packaging, for example, automotive, pharmaceuticals, etc. The final packaging comes in a variety of forms, depending on the specifications of the manufacturer and the product type. For example, it may come in a plastic bag, a transport tray, blister packaging, etc. In this article, we will discuss some important points to be considered before deciding the contract packaging partner and its advantages.
While looking for contract packaging services, one should look into the following points
- Because the packaging varies according to the product, one has to look for the partner that specializes in the type of packaging that will be required for the product.
- The location of the packaging partner should also be taken into consideration because moving the product from the manufacturer to that place might involve high risk, especially for items that are fragile, expensive, etc.
- If one has particular specifications regarding the packaging of their product, they should ensure that the partner has the required equipment for the same.
- One should also see if their potential partner has the required certifications, resources, labor, and the overall experience to meet their expectations.
Why is contract packaging beneficial?
Contract Packaging can be a support organization for a business because of several reasons.
- Cost-effective: Packaging of any type of product is usually expensive, for one who is starting a new business or expanding the existing business. In that case, co-packaging is a cost-effective solution, as it reduces the cost of equipment purchase and setup, manpower, inventory, and others.
- Packaging efficiency: Because the food packaging companies are specialized in the work and have the right experience and knowledge about it, they are efficient in completing the work. Moreover, it reduces the risk of faulty packaging that might adversely affect one’s products and brand image.
- Timely delivery: Because of the packaging partners’ own reputation and brand image, they will ensure timely delivery of one’s products. Also, because they are well equipped to do the job, one can worry less about this operation of the business.
- Adequate industry knowledge and expertise: If one chooses the right packaging partner, their expertise and industry knowledge can be really useful. They can utilize this to fulfill their product expectations and requirements.
Apart from all of these, there are intangible benefits like stress reduction, focus on other business operations and activities, etc. that can be really useful to the manufacturer.
Custom food packaging is one of the best food co-packaging services in Canada. We are a combination of innovation and sourcing under one roof. Our experience of serving in this industry for more than 15 years makes us one of the best in Canada. We have a team of dedicated professionals who are trained and experienced to deliver the co-packing service beyond one’s expectations. Below are the co-packing services that we offer
- Packaging and Re-packaging
- Custom Packaging
- Coding and Imprinting
- Hand Assembly
- Restocking and Replenishing
- Pouch Filling
- Blister Packaging
- Powder Filling
- Bulk Food Packaging
- Shrink Wrapping
We at Custom Food Packaging are dedicated to make the trickiest of the packing like spices packing, glass bottles, or metal containers easy and affordable. Reach to us today and get a quote for your product. You can write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us on 1-84813776 to know more about our custom food packaging services.